WELCOME

Hi, welcome to my blog where I, Value Mahala bring in on on articles. Please be free and don't be shy to be my friend. God bless you.






Sunday 20 March 2016

A FLESH STAYS A FLESH UNTIL OUR BODILY REDEMPTION



My dear friends this title is not original! I've heard it from my mentor Pastor Joseph Prince before on one of his sermons!

Good News- Today's English Version Bible

SIN

Sin began in Genesis 3 in Human Disobedience and Father God gave punishment. Sin then spread throughout the entire human race by means of a curse through pregnancy and birth. Find out more ☞ WHAT IS SIN? ☞ WHO IS SATAN? 

The topic of sin annoys me sometimes especially when there's condemnation involved, amoung us! But I LOVE the GRACE topic.

Sin is a dead thing Romans 7:8. On the cross Jesus said in a loud voice " It is finished. " John 19:30. Whoever continues to sin belongs to the Devil, because the Devil has sinned from the very beginning. The Son of God appeared for this very reason, to destroy what the Devil had done. 1 John 3:8. Don't panic! 1 John 5:17 All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.

Sin still lives on our flesh Romans 7:17 " it is the sin that lives me" This sin will remain there until Jesus comes back for our bodily redemption. Grace came for this very reason and that is Jesus. Let's leave the Devil and focus on us and sin in us.

SIN LIVES IN ALL HUMANS

Romans 5:12 Sin came into the world through one man, and his sin brought death with it. As a result, death has spread to the whole human race because everyone has sinned.

1 John 1
  • 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and there is no truth in us.
  • 9 But if we confess our sins to God, he will keep his promise and do what is right : he will forgive us our sins and purify us from all our wrongdoing. 
  • 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make God out to be a lair, and his word is not in us.

Romans 7
  • 7 It was the Law that made me know what sin is. 

Which Law? The Old Covenant Law given to Moses by the Lord Find out more ☞ LAW AND GRACE ☞ The New Covenant Fulfilled On The Cross

  • 8 by means of that commandment sin found its chance to stir up all kinds of selfish desires in me.
  • 14 We know that the Law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.
  • 15 I do not understand what I do; for I don't do what I would like to do, but instead I do what I hate. 
  • 16 Since what I do is what I don't want to do, this shows that I agree that the Law is right. 
  • 17 So I am not really the one who does this thing; rather it is the sin that lives in me. 
  • 18 I know that good does not live in me- that is, in my human nature. for even though the desire to do good is in me, I am not able to do it.
  • 19 I don't do the good I want to do; instead, I do the evil that I do not want to do.
  • 20 If I do what I don't want to do, this means that I am no longer the one who does it; instead, it is the sin that lives in me.

THE OLD COVENANT LAW STIR UP SIN ON FLESH

  • 21 So I find that this law is at work
Which Law? The Old Covenant Law
  • 22 My inner being delights in the Law of God
Which Law? the New Covenant Law
  • 23 But I see a different law at work in my body - a law that fights the law which my mind approves of.

The Old Covenant Law of sin, which leads to death, living by the law fights the New Covenant Law of grace, which leads to life, living by the Holy Spirit.

  • 23 It makes me a prisoner to the law of sin which is at work in my body.
Which Law? The Old Covenant Law.
  • 24 What an unhappy man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is taking me to death?
  • 25 Thanks be to God, who does this through our Lord Jesus Christ! 
He died for our sins. Romans 6:6 our old being has been put to death with Christ on his cross, in order that the power of sinful self might be destroyed, so that we should no longer be the slaves of sin. Find out more ☞ Jesus Christ The Purification of Sins On the Cross

  • 25 This, then, is my condition: on my own I can serve God's law only with my mind
Which Law? The New Covenant Law of Grace, which leads to life, living by the Holy Spirit. When? When the Old Covenant Law stir up sin on human nature and you are defeated by the sin stirring up all kinds of desires in you.
  • 25 while my human nature serves the law of sin

WHAT IS HUMAN NATURE?


Ephesians 2
  • 1 In the past you were spiritually dead because of your disobedience and sins.
  • 2 At that time you followed the world's evil way; you obeyed the ruler of the spiritual powers in space, the spirit who controls the people who disobey God. 
  • 3 Actually all of us were like them and lived according to our natural desires, doing whatever suited the wishes of our own bodies and minds. In our natural condition we, like everyone else were, destined to suffer God's anger
  • 4 But God's mercy is so abundant, and his love for us is so great,
  • 5 that while we were spiritually dead in our disobedience he brought us to life with Christ. It is by God's grace that you have been saved. 

SIN IS DEFEATED ON THE CROSS

When Jesus said in a loud voice " It is finished." John 19:30 He defeated sin. Sin is a dead thing now Romans 7:8

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once and for all, a good man on behalf of sinners in order to lead you to God.

Romans 6

  • 12 Sin must no longer rule in your mortal bodies
  • 14 Sin must not be your master; for you do not live under law but under God's grace. 
  • 18 You were set free from sin and became the slaves of righteousness. 
  • 1 John 2:1 But if anyone does sin, we have someone who pleads with the Father on our behalf - Jesus Christ, the righteous one.
  • 1 John 1:7 The blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from every sin. 

LIVING BY THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GRACE

Spirit of grace? Hebrews 10:29 who insult the Spirit of grace? Find out more about Grace ☞ Matthew 5 : 17-20 EXPLAINED THROUGH THE TRANSFIGURATION ☞ The Law was given Grace

Romans 8

  • 1 There is no condemnation now for those who live in union with Christ Jesus
  • 2 For the law of the Spirit, which brings us life in union with Christ Jesus, has set me free from the law of sin and death
The Law of the Spirit is the New Covenant Law, the law of sin and death is the Old Covenant Law

Galatians 5:16 What I say is this! Let the Spirit direct your lives, and you will not satisfy the desires of the human nature.

OUR BODILY REDEMPTION

Philippians 3:21 He will change our weak mortal bodies and make them like his glorious body

1 Corinthians 15:51-52

Listen to this secret truth: we shall not all die, but when the last trumpet sounds, we shall all be changed in an instant, as quickly as a blinking of an eye. For when the trumpet sounds, the dead will be raised, never to die again, and we shall all be changed.

Find out more ☞ THE THOUSAND YEARS

The New International Version Bible and the Authorized (King James) Version uses 'sleep' not die. That is the language of the Holy Spirit

1 Corinthians 15:20 those who have fallen asleep to death

Why? Because He the Holy Spirit will raise them from the dead like He did with our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Remember the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment